Roadway Plastic Barricade
Height: 42” / 106.6 cm
Length: 72” / 182.8 cm
Width: 24” / 60.96 cm
Wall: .20” / 5.08 mm
Weight: Empty: 80 lbs. 40.8 kg / Full (150 gal): 1305 lbs / 591.9 kg / With Kit (220 lbs): 1525 lbs / 691.7 kg
Composition: High impact, UV resistant, high density polyethylene
Useful Life: Minimum 8 years on average
The MB350 barrier prevents vehicular penetration of a work zone. This portable barrier system performs many of the functions of concrete barriers used to control, direct, channel and stop vehicular traffic. NCHRP crash tested and federally accepted at TL3 federal acceptance letter B34H.
The MB350 is accepted by FHWA as a barrier at TL3 (B34H). This portable barrier system is safer for motorists than concrete barrier in a crash. Easily installed, the MB350 barrier system enhances safety in less time than moving concrete road barriers. The minimum Length Of Need (LON) for NCHRP Report 350 TL3 compliance must be 33 interconnected barriers or 198.5 ft. Each barrier must be ballasted to capacity with an approximate weight of 1,500 lbs.
The MB350 is the safest barrier on the market with the lowest average lateral deflection.
MB350 Test 3-10 1.1 M
MB350 Test 3-11 3.4 M
Cage kits fit over the MB42x72 JSS LCD
Features and Benefits
- NCHRP-350 crash tested and accepted at TL3 (suitable for high speed work zones). Federal acceptance letter B34H.
- The MB350 is the only portable plastic barrier on the market that can act both as as a TL3 barrier with the MB350 Kit installed and a TL3 Longituinal Channelizing Device without the kit. One product does it all!
- The minimum Length Of Need (LON) for NCHRP Report 350 TL3 compliance must be 33 interconnected barriers
- Our competitors knuckle hinge systems are faster to set up, but the knuckle hinge connection system allows unsafe high degrees of lateral deflection.
- Clearly delineate work zones at night and in bad weather.
- Barriers are not damaged by freezing conditions. If water freezes, plastic will expand.
- Barriers are engineered to withstand winds in excess of 100 mph.