Roadway Barrier – 48″ x 40″ x 23.5″
Roadway Barrier for Highway Safety
48″H x 40″L x 23.5″W
50 lbs. empty, 760 lbs. full
Water ballast: 18.8 Gallons
Patent #6,086,285; #D533,281;
Useful Life: Minimum 8 years on average
Scope of Service
Rapidly deployable traffic / security barricade. Enhances security and safety in less time than constructing sandbag structures or moving concrete road barriers. Weighing only 50 pounds, the barricade can be installed manually by one person, and once positioned can be filled with over 900 pounds with water. Compatible with lights, stanchions, signage, and snow fencing.
- Forms interlocking wall with up to 15 degree’s radius
- Due to their visiblity and imposing nature, drivers respect these devices.
- Positive delineation. Widely spaced folding barricades, drums, and cones are often confusing. The RMB 48×40 provides visual delineation by forming a wall, thus greatly diminishing confusion for drivers and pedestrians.
- Barricade’s are sfatey stabilized when filled with water and stand up to bad weather or careless driving, clearly delineating work zones.
- The addition of lights and reflective sheeting make for a safe work zone at night.
- Meets MUTCD specification 6f.66 for Logitudinal Channelizing Devices.
- Meets NCHRP-350 requirements for Type 3 Devices at TL3